Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
Prince Charles and Prince William reportedly urged the Queen to strip Prince Andrew of his royal patronages and military titles during an alleged hour-long summit at Windsor.
The disgraced Duke, 61, facing a possible sex-case trial in the US, will never return to royal duties again, sources say.
He can also no longer use the title His Royal Highness in any official capacity, reports The Sun.
Andrew is expected to fade from public life as he answers a civil sexual assault case.
Her Majesty reportedly made the key decision on Wednesday after a meeting with her eldest son and the Duke of Cambridge.
William was reportedly a key figure in the judgement, and helped his grandmother realise Andrew's position was "grave".
Both he and Charles are said to be in complete agreement that Andrew must go, and were "completely furious" after he "crossed a red line".
Insiders said the decision to reduce the royal – often called her "favourite son" – to a "private citizen" was one of the hardest in the Queen's 70 years on the throne.
The historic decision followed talks within the family about the growing problem of the "Andrew issue".
At 11.30am she reportedly summoned him to Windsor Castle before effectively kicking him out of the Royal Family during a 90-minute summit.
The Queen had come under mounting pressure to act after being sent a letter signed by Navy, RAF and Army veterans asking her to strip him of his military appointments.
Her decision came soon after after New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled he must face a civil trial on allegations he sexually assaulted Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre when she was 17.
Andrew, who vehemently denies the accusations, will now have to face his trial as an ordinary citizen.
A source close to Andrew said: "It's a marathon, not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims."
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Andrew is reportedly seeking an out-of-court settlement for Ms Giuffre of upwards of £10million. It is said he would raise the huge amount of money by selling his chalet in Verbier, Switzerland as he is now a private citizen.
In a statement at 5pm yesterday Buckingham Palace said: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, The Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The queen.
"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."
It means Andrew is stripped of 12 military titles which had been held in temporary suspension after he stepped down from duties in November 2019 after his car-crash BBC Newsnight interview.
The move came after 152 veterans signed an open letter urging the Queen to strip her middle son of "all his military ranks and titles" over his links to sex traffickers Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.
The letter said: "Were this any other senior military officer, it is inconceivable that he would still be in his post".
Andrew loses his honorary roles of Colonel of the Grenadier Guards and RAF Air Commodore with immediate effect.
He will no longer be entitled to wear their uniforms at Cenotaph memorials and the upcoming thanksgiving service for his late father Prince Philip.
- Prince Andrew
- Prince Charles
- Prince Philip
- Prince William
- Royal Family
Source: Read Full Article